Engaging Diversity (ED) Requirement
- Faculty Committee recertified 67 (and decertified 33) courses fulfilling the undergraduate Engaging Diversity requirement according to the 2017 revised guidelines. Closer Collaboration between LSP, SSEA, SOAR
- Several pre-frosh summer programs shared resources, tools, and processes to promote -- on a single communication stream and website -- various learning experiences for students (esp. FLI students) in math, writing, chemistry, and computer science.
Elimination of Course Fees
- The university eliminated the vast majority of supplementary course fees for undergraduate students in the academic year 2020-21.
- Launched the Teaching Commons website (teachingcommons.stanford.edu) for faculty, instructors and TAs with several new resources on inclusive teaching in the online environment.
- The Stanford TEACH Symposium was offered three times last year and resulted in 850 individual registrants, 126 sessions, and over 60 facilitators from VPUE and over 30 different units and departments, making TEACH a truly cross-campus event.
The Course Design Equity and Inclusion Rubric, developed in collaboration with the Department of Bioengineering and CTL, applies multiple frameworks of inclusive and equitable course design to identify what courses are currently doing and what can be improved.
Pedagogy and Learning
- Inclusive pedagogy launch [Spring 21]
- Develop rubric for inclusive instructional practices [Summer 21]
- IDEAL Pedagogy Pilot [Fall 21]
- Website launch of inclusive teaching [Summer 21]
Ensuring Equitable Opportunities
- Complete Directory of DEI committees across schools [Winter 21]
- Re-Launch First Gen Low Income Advocacy Council (FLAC) [Winter 21]
- Course Fees Status Report [Winter/Spring 21]
- Engage select DEI committees for needs assessment [Winter/Spring 21]
- Define a set of outcomes [Winter 21]
- Study of access to majors [TBD for completion, Summer 21 to define]
- Explore H&S STEM core reform possibilities [Summer 21]
Data & Research
- Study of Intro STEM pathways Findings [Winter/Spring 21]
- Sophomore interview project [Initial findings Fall 21]
- Equity in physics grad training [Winter 21]
- Experiences of Under-represented in Intro Chemistry [Summer 21]
- Study of effects of remote learning on equity [TBD]